Wednesday 11 March 2015

Google Classroom for Parent Communication

As I wrote in my previous post, I am in the early stages of learning to use Google Classroom. I am getting more and more comfortable with it and liking it more and more all the time. I feel like it really helps me tailor my program to individual students' needs, and also to have a much more accurate understanding of what those needs are; there is just so much feedback built into it.

Because of that I feel like it would be great to include parents into this loop. I am thinking of inviting them to use it to see what kinds of assignments I am giving to the students, as well as how their child is performing on each assignment. It would allow me to communicate so much more information to parents than I am otherwise able to do.

This week I wrote a letter that I am planning to send home to parents to explain this idea. I am including it here, in a generic form, in case it would be useful to other teachers to have something similar.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Google-Classroom-Letter-to-Parents-1758611


No comments:

Post a Comment